DevOps Automation Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a DevOps Automation Specialist for a twelve (12) contract position.
As the DevOps Automation Specialist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Design, build, test, and document automation solutions;
- Handle multiple demands and competing priorities while ensuring deliverables are met;
- Provide work estimates as inputs into the planning process within streams;
- Follow delivery processes and procedures to ensure quality and timeliness of outputs;
- Maintain automation solutions owned by DA COE;
- Monitor application performance through testing, schedule and perform application improvements and upgrades as required;
- Possess good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Communicate potential solutions and information as required;
- Work on development and maintenance of system documentation, help files, user manuals, and guidelines;
- Foster a culture of team collaboration and continuous improvement;
- Promote active listening with team members;
- Communicate promptly, escalate own issues and potential team issues appropriately to Leader or Project Manager as appropriate. Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging;
- Promote and support Peer Review of team deliverables, contributing to the development of consistent and effective documentation that adheres to team standards and templates;
- Contribute to DevOps Automation COE Knowledge Base;
- Build, mature and deliver capabilities that are appropriate for Servus within delivery automation domain;
- Follow policies and standards related to DevOps automation
- Contribute to knowledge sharing among peers; and,
- Proactively share knowledge with members of IS to help them adopt DevOps best practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education in computer technology or IT related discipline from an accredited institution;
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience and considerable skill in working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering of software products to market;
- Two (2) to four (4) years of programming experience working with source control, complex applications, web technologies, unit testing frameworks, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, GIT, Visual Studio Team Services and SQL Server;
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience and broad knowledge of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and related practices and techniques;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience deploying and maintaining machines in a virtual environment (e.g. VMware);
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in various aspects of setting up automated delivery pipelines for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Testing of applications;
- Application delivery automation tools (Jenkins, TFS/Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy);
- Platform automation tools (vRA, vRO, Chef, Ansible or Puppet)
- Test automation tools (selenium, UFT);
- Aware of DevOps and Agile;
- Aware of Microsoft Office product line and opportunities;
- Aware of virtualization and IaaS, ideally VMWare, Microsoft Azure, and Windows Server; and,
- Aware of IP networking, network security firewalls, and load balancing.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.