Linux/Unix System Administrator
Eagle is currently seeking a Linux/Unix System Administrator for a twelve (12) contract position.
This position will be responsible for the support and administration of core Unix systems, servers, and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Unix system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. They will also be developing a detailed design for the open systems platforms including IBM/AIX, HP/HP UX, Sun/Solaris, and INTEL/LINUX.
As the Linux/Unix System Administrator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintenance on all system infrastructures (hardware and operating system);
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating all systems administration activities, including research and development of new technologies and configuration of hardware and software;
- Maintaining the integrity of operating systems and ensuring all relevant patches are up to date;
- Providing systems administration and server support for the Windows environment for a 24x7 environment;
- Deploying, supporting, and leading initiatives that support the standardization, implementation, upgrading, and consolidation of servers across the enterprise;
- Providing day-to-day support of servers and associated system software (monitoring, backup, and storage;
- Monitoring and reporting on system capacity utilization and recommending and implementing performance enhancements;
- Testing, evaluating, and planning for the implementation of system software upgrades; and,
- Evaluating software utility packages and third-party hardware products.
- Skills and Qualifications:
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Experience in systems administration on CentOS or Debian based platforms;
- Experience in supporting Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc) or Unix (Solaris) or BSD (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc) servers;
- Ability to anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on all Unix and Storage systems;
- Automation of configuration files, software deployments, and package management using tools such as CFEngine, Puppet, Openstack, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.;
- Hardware performance and scalability testing and monitoring;
- Performance tweaks and troubleshooting of Linux kernel issues and applications such as Apache, MySQL, Postgres, etc.;
- Scripting skills in one (1) or more of Python, Java, Bash, C, Perl, CGI, or shell (RHEL/CentOS);
- Determining the capacity of web services, message queue clusters, and compute nodes;
- Experience with the Zabbix Monitoring Platform; and,
- Knowledge in routing, switching, and firewall.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.