Cobol / Mainframe Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Cobol/Mainframe Developer for a twelve (12) month contract position.
This position will be in an IBM Mainframe environment and responsible for the development and maintenance of applications on mainframe platforms design and code programs. You will also play a role in working with the project teams and business partners to provide advice in application planning, performance, operations, and development.
As the Cobol/Mainframe Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Participation in all phases of the software development life cycle, including architecture, design, implementation, and testing;
- Participation in the analysis and documentation of requirements with software development manager, project manager, and other software developers on the team;
- Coding, testing, packaging, deployment, and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance, and production environments. May also lead code reviews;
- Designing and implementing assigned components of the architecture or application according to provided software requirements or specifications;
- Participating in the testing of the system, including unit testing, functional testing, and installation testing; and,
- Providing reliable time estimates for all development activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Coding and design skills with COBOL and IMS DB/DC;
- Experience with maintaining online and batch applications;
- Experience in Z/OS environment(s);
- Experience with DB2 stored procedures;
- Strong knowledge of mainframe TSO, ISPF, JCL, Endeavor, IBM utilities, and development tools and techniques; and,
- Experience in mainframe technology platforms and experience with mainframe architecture.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.