Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- The BSA will support the Project Manager and IFRS 17 Lead BSA to identify and assess business impacts and risks, solve complex issues, provide recommendations on options, and help define end state of desired changes;
- Responsible for facilitating meetings with the business, IT, and vendor as required;
- Gathering and defining business needs, reviewing and updating detailed business requirements;
- Engage implementation partner, business partners, and SMEs to identify and document business requirements;
- Engage other BSAs on other workstreams/projects to identify and document technical requirements as it relates to CSM;
- Work with business partners and implementation partner to ensure that IT development and implementations are meeting business needs;
- Responsible for managing, and updating the business requirements as decision are made and change;
- Work with the vendor to understand new releases as it will be the responsibility of the BSA to document/summarize the new functionality.
- Documentation will be used by the business and Testing Center of Excellence;
- Support business acceptance testing;
- May including providing support and preparation of test plans, execution of test cases, documentation of results and filing of defects;
- Support, develop and/or provide input into internal communications and user documentation.
- Support with Training & Knowledge Management in the development of internal training and awareness collateral; and,
- Support Project implementation testing and sign-off recommendation.
What we’re looking for:
- Finance and Actuarial not required but an asset;
- Experience in working with Business, Implementation Partners, and 3rd Party Vendors
- Strong analytical skills;
- Seeks to leverage available information/data;
- Performs complete and ongoing analysis to inform key decisions and to gain new insights;
- Draws upon a variety of sources to understand the task at hand;
- Ability to apply judgment and clear direction in a dynamic and ambiguous environment, leveraging well developed analytical problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strong organizational skills, able to multitask and prioritize a wide range of tasks with an understanding of the big picture and interdependencies across systems and projects within the IFRS 17 Program;
- Strong collaboration, facilitation, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Able to facilitate meetings with stakeholders, Business, Implementation Partners, 3rd Party Vendors, and IT;
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills, able to tailor communication style to the audience and to actively participate and influence conversations with stakeholders;
- Positive and energetic attitude, self-motivated and able to work independently with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility;
- Adaptability and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams;
- Team player who enjoys sharing knowledge, experience, and ideas, and is open to the ideas and input of others; and,
- Experience and knowledge of methodologies, tools, and techniques for developing business requirements, application risk assessments, and testing.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.