Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Solution Designer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is an 8-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
Leads the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS) and is largely focused on large-scale, complex or enterprise projects. There may also be accountable for complex programming/coding.
As a Solution Designer, you will be responsible for:
- May also be accountable for complex applications/systems development, programming /coding;
- Lead the creation of solution options and ultimately a comprehensive end-to-end solution and coordinate relevant stakeholders, as required to support development initiatives;
- Provide estimates for new projects and initiatives for the development/design component of the overall plan working with relevant team members/stakeholders;
- Develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application/system that meets the defined requirements (business, enterprise architecture direction, system performance, and development standards);
- Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS) and apply functional knowledge of business functions to design optimal software/systems;
- Review technical deliverables throughout the detailed design and development phase to ensure quality adherence and identify gaps or redesign requirements as needed;
- Work with the Technology Project Manager, Business Analysts / Systems Analysts, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application;
- Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity – including the development of project documentation of system requirements,
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards;
- Assist in the identification of opportunities to minimize cost, provide recommendations and/or deliver corresponding strategic solutions to support cost-effectiveness and to enhance stakeholder experience;
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and supporting gating and review sign-offs for solution design;
- Support knowledge management processes for LOB/portfolio and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed;
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components and has traceability to business requirements and ensure new modules are designed with reusability as a key requirement;
- Identify and address application and data issues and cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity; and,
- Provide technical support for escalated incidents/outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact on stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines;
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork and ensures timely communication of issues/ points of interest;
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team;
- Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers;
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units;
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to others in a lead capacity and works autonomously;
- Expert knowledge of the business, the broader organization, technical environment, processes, procedures, tools, and other relevant technology areas (e.g. Architecture, Infrastructure, Security, etc.) from a design/support/solutions perspective;
- Primary subject matter expert in multiple areas and consults with clients/or project teams with respect to all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware /software support and/or development of technical solutions and/or testing;
- Works autonomously and leads on a diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions) and is relied upon to coach/educate and monitor the work of others;
- Acts as an internal expert resource in the exchange of technical information for project teams, and provides technical insight and recommendations to the business and/or outside vendors; and,
- Typically reports to a Senior Manager or above.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.