Digital User Experience (UX) Writer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Digital User Experience (UX) Writer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Montreal, QC to start in March.
As a user experience writer, you’re an advocate for a good story and good design, working to shape product experiences by writing useful, meaningful copy that helps users complete the task. You work with people in a variety of roles including UX architects, product managers, marketing and customer operations, and IT. Collaborating with each, you write to a cohesive and unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices. You provide user experience recommendations that include the right words and sometimes supporting data.
As a Digital User Experience (UX) Writer, you will be responsible for:
- Write clear, accurate, and concise copy for our digital properties including mobile;
- Ensure content adheres to the Sun Life brand voice;
- Advocate for the best user experience, supported by data;
- Work closely with UX Architects to ensure the UI meets the needs of our users.
- Co-ordinate content approvals from draft to final copy and sign-offs for business partners;
- Collaborate with marketing, legal, compliance, operations and product teams to ensure compliance with editorial standards and best practices for all content;
- Participate in user testing and analysis; and,
- Carry out other coordination/support tasks as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of professional writing experience, with a minimum of three (3) years writing UX-focused web copy;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, along with strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- A curiosity about users and how to anticipate their needs by understanding behaviours;
- Commitment to a hands-on, proactive approach to learning about the product and its audience;
- Experience working closely with multiple business partners and across teams;
- A background in writing for health care, insurance, or investments;
- A strong understanding of user-centered design or cognitive psychology;
- Proven experience working in Agile working environments;
- Working knowledge of French;
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement and maintain content standards across an organization;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of CP Style; and,
- Understanding of accessibility standards and guidelines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.