Risk and Compliance Expert
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Expert and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This is a 24-month contract opportunity located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
- Participate in establishing ITS governance framework by considering industry best practice and other natural IT governance framework, such as Cobit, ITIL, etc. to assure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as good business practices.
- Assist in defining the specific process, sub-process and activities, RACI and implementation of the framework.
- Participate in the review of relevant IT policies and procedures and providing recommendations for remediation where necessary.
Process Optimization Review
- Perform process optimization reviews to evaluate the controls on design effectiveness (DE) and operating effectiveness (OE), provide recommendations, and work with management on corrective actions and monitor remediation.
- Participate in defining key performance indicators for key IT areas and performing independent review over KPIs and reporting major issues.
- Assist the IT teams to collect the relevant data to identify, document and evaluate the risks existing in their areas.
- Coordinate workshops to help the various IT teams understand the components of the IT risk register template.
- Assist in establishing Control Matrix template and assist IT teams to document all the corresponding controls (both non-key and key) and ensure that all the key IT risks are mitigated therefore the residual risk level falls at an acceptable level for continuous monitoring.
- On-going oversight including risk and control updates, periodic testing over the controls on design and operating effectiveness etc.
- Coordinate the audits by understanding audit scope and requirements, communicating to the relevant IT groups and people, being a focal point for internal and external audits, collecting and QA information prior to sharing with auditors.
- Participate in walk-through meetings and clearance meetings, understand audit issues, follow up recommendations with the responsible IT teams, and monitor the remediation.
Mandatory Skills / Certification:
- Strong knowledge of compliance principles, along with knowledge in all aspects of IT practices and standards, project management, contract management, risk management, and quality management
- Seasoned experience in the field of IT auditing, systems development & implementation, with exposure to various types of management control systems
- Strong knowledge of investigation techniques, data extraction, and analysis tools, as well as current trends in compliance requirements, IT Governance, risk assessment and control theory, and information technology
- Knowledgeable of IT Governance, COBIT, COSO, ITIL Process Methodology, PMBOK, Quality Management, and Software Development Life Cycle
- Sound analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to assume responsibility, achieve assigned goals and work effectively with minimum supervision
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks of varying scope
- Must have a CISA certificate
- Designation i.e., CIA, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, and/or CISSP or equivalent is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent
- Ten plus (10+) year’s IT governance experience
- Public auditing experience is a plus.
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.