Intermediate Data Network Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Data Network Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Installation of enterprise-grade Cisco or HP data networking hardware, including the configuration, pre-deployment conformance testing, and production cutover of the replacement data network switches;
- Decommissioning the legacy data network switches;
- Assessment of the communication rooms current status for the environmentals; power, cabling, rack, PDU, UPS, fibre cabling, copper-BIX connections;
- Installation and remediation of fibre optic and copper structured cabling, if required;
- Assisting and coordinating the installation of racking, Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) and cable management systems, if required; and,
- Preparing / updating documentation related to the new / decommissioned switches.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma in a program, such as Communications Technology, plus related vendor network certifications with at least six (6) years of recent data network implementation experience in a large corporate environment;
- Extensive experience with enterprise-grade Cisco or HP data networking hardware;
- Experience with Configuration, installation, and pre-deployment conformance testing of data network switches;
- Experience assessing Communication rooms for the environmentals; power, cabling, rack, PDU, UPS, fibre cabling, and copper-BIX connections;
- Experience with current network standards and industry best practices required to implement reliable, wired data networks;
- Experience with fibre optic and copper data cabling installation and remediation work;
- Experience conducting site assessments / audits of horizontal cable pathways at specific sites;
- Experience preparing documentation related to site, cabling, physical and logical network infrastructure;
- The ability to be self-directed, highly motivated, and results-oriented;
- Sound judgment and decision making skills;
- The ability to be a team player with well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office; and,
- An understanding of the current Health Care standards related to wired network equipment installation / configuration / operations would be beneficial.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.