Systems Analyst, Level 3 x15
Eagle is currently seeking a Systems Analyst, Level 3. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in all aspects of systems design, analysis and implementation of a large legacy System and/or development project;
- Assisting in the analysis of requirements, processes and data towards developing and implementing solutions which address business and technical needs;
- Analyzing and participating in the creation and gathering of business requirements;
- Performing quality assurance tasks on their own work, as well as the work of others;
- Performing unit, regression, integration, end-to-end, and performance testing as required;
- Adhering to quality assurance standards as used in each phase of development and maintenance;
- Performing independent verification and validation of software applications and systems function and performance;
- Attending project / team meetings and briefings to articulate the proposed design or changes in a manner that makes sense to staff or to reach an understanding and/or solution to related problems and issues;
- Supporting and using the selected agency methodologies and best practices;
- Supporting systems in test and production environments; performing complex problem resolution/debugging;
- Preparing the system for releases (production and lower states) and coordinating all changes with impacted partners; and,
- Providing guidance to other members of the team.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum four (4) years IT experience within the last ten (10) years in all phases of the systems development life cycle including documenting business requirements, systems analysis, project design, development and testing;
- Minimum four (4) years within the last ten (10) years’ experience working on an IBM Mainframe platform;
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years working in a large government department/agency, crown corporation, or private enterprise organization demonstrating System Analyst level 3 type work;
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements with the client, IT stakeholders and development teams;
- Seven (7) years’ experience within the last fifteen (15) years with COBOL and CICS development within large IT development projects;
- Reliability Level security clearance;
- Experience working in a COBOL mainframe development environment interfacing with IDMS and/or DB2 relational databases;
- Experience in design and development using the following: TSO, JCL, MQ Series, SQL, Expediter, Strobe, Workbench;
- Experience with Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) development;
- Experience resolving complex technical problems;
- Experience communicating technical problems;
- Experience analyzing, documenting, gathering and validating business requirements;
- Experience analyzing requirements;
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture development; and,
- Experience with COBOL and CICS development within large IT development projects.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.