Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Applications Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
As an Applications Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Primary subject matter expert with specialized knowledge related to the architecture of multiple applications and/or lines of business.
- Foresees architectural issues/gaps and identifies emerging industry trends (i.e. future-focused)
- Influences product direction and integrates technology from an architectural perspective within the business and IT environments
- Oversees project architecture direction on complex, highly-visible architecture projects
- Works with external vendors and service providers as needed to ensure compliance with Architectural and Security standards
- Works closely with IT managers and staff to complete projects.
- Provides recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements.
- Ensure that all projects that are considered architecturally significant are presented properly at the appropriate architecture review boards and any action items received are addressed.
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Ten plus (10+) years experience in Information Technology
- Six plus (6+) years experience as a Solution Architect
- Diverse work experience within the financial services industry as a systems designer, IT infrastructure solution designer, test manager and/or IT senior operations manager.
- Proven leadership and organizational awareness skills and desire to contribute to and drive business strategy in light of changing technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to document and present complex technology.
- Excellent interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all divisions and levels in the Bank.
- Proven knowledge of banking Risk & Finance applications and regulations such as IFRS, Basel, Credit Risk, SAS Grid, Oracle Financial Suite, etc.
- Experience using RSA SIEM, Aveksa, Ping Federate, DataPower, Websphere Enterprise Services, Hadoop and associated tools, Tableau, relational and non-relational Databases, F5, Palo Alto, Cisco, BIND, etc.
- Experience with physical and virtual infrastructure and internal/external cloud-based services including Servers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, and Application Delivery Controllers
- In-depth knowledge in developing mission-critical systems that support the 24x7 nature of our business environment. Strong vendor management and negotiation skills. Deep awareness, knowledge and experience with required controls & governance issues affect
- Research capabilities to find the best of breed software, technology and processes.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure solutions, technology and application standards, workflow processes, Finance applications and solutions, APIs, security, application development, and currency management plans is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.