Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Writer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This is a permanent opportunity, located in Newmarket, ON to start in March.
Our client is experiencing rapid growth and expanding client base requires them to hire a Technical Writer to join our Marketing and Communications department. We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated and well-organized and possesses excellent written and oral communication skills. Extensive travel is required to client sites throughout Canada and the U.S, therefore, a SIN, criminal record and passport check are required along with the ability to qualify for a US work visa is required. A vehicle is also necessary for local Ontario travel.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and write technical strategy reports.
- Develop and prepare compelling proposals.
- Work with clients to re-engineer and document business processes to provide solutions to business issues.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirements specifications.
- Develop comprehensive test scripts and test scenarios.
- Prepare attractive and engaging PowerPoint presentations and other educational materials.
- Ensure quality results by developing and using templates and following company writing standards.
- Gain and sustain industry knowledge through educational opportunities and self-directed learning.
What we’re looking for:
- Mastery of language: impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation, and the ability to write persuasively, articulately and concisely.
- The ability to break down complicated information into manageable pieces, in keeping with Util-Assist’s tagline, “Solutions. Simplified.”
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies in a fast-paced industry and document complex information.
- Ability to write under tight deadlines and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent research and interviewing skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret clients’ business needs and translate them into requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, including the meticulous management of project details.
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner within a team environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (desirable).
- Business process development experience and experience in the utility industry (desirable).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.