Data Engineer - Montreal
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Data Engineer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a permanent opportunity located in Montreal, QC to start in March.
If working with billions of events, petabytes of data and optimizing for last millisecond is something that excites you then read on! We are looking for Data Engineers who have seen their fair share of messy data sets and have been able to structure them for building useful AI products.
You will be working on writing frameworks building for real-time and batch pipelines to ingest and transform events (108 scales) from 100’s of applications every day. Our ML and Software engineers consume these for building data products like personalization and fraud detection. You will also help optimize the feature pipelines for fast execution and work with software engineers to build event-driven microservices.
You will get to put cutting edge tech in production and freedom to experiment with new frameworks, try new ways to optimize and resources to build the next big thing in fintech using data!
What we’re looking for:
- You have previously worked on building serious data pipelines ingesting and transforming > 10 ^6 events per minute and terabytes of data per day.
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable and testable code part of a real-time data pipeline
- You understand how microservices work and are familiar with concepts of data modeling
- You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before and follow the flow of data through various pipelines to debug data issues
- You have worked with Spark and Kafka before and have experimented or heard about Flink/Druid/Ignite/Presto/Athena and understand when to use one over the other
- On a bad day maintaining zookeeper and bringing up cluster doesn’t bother you
- You may not be a networking expert but you understand issues with ingesting data from applications in multiple data centers across geographies, on-premise and cloud and will find a way to solve them
- Proficient in Java/Scala/Python/Spark
What our client offers:
- Our client is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
- Flat base salary, unlimited personal and sick days
- 2 weeks vacation
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.