Business Analyst - Investment Risk Solutions
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Analyst - Investment Risk Solutions and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As a Business Analyst, you are passionate about business analysis, implementation, support and improvements of investment risk systems that enable risk management functions such as market & credit risk, counterparty credit risk and liquidity risk. You will play a key role underlying all initiative delivery. Your responsibility is to understand, document and facilitate agreement on requirements, approaches, specifications and decision variables that enable the delivery of appropriate solutions to achieve the business and project goals. You will elicit client needs and ensure requirements traceability as part of delivering applications and information solutions for internal business partners.
As a Business Analyst - Investment Risk Solutions, you will be responsible for:
- Produces business analysis related documentation, including (functional and non-functional) requirements, current and future state processes and workflows, and solution specifications to a high-quality standard
- Produces business requirements for risk data process, risk measures calculation, risk reporting and deliver both functional and operational specifications
- Documents the flow and transformation of data from enterprise to risk data repositories
- Works with business and solution teams to ensure that solutions being delivered meet business intent and provide business value
- Demonstrates requirements traceability and, where appropriate, leads the User Acceptance phase of initiatives (define strategy, plan, approve test cases, oversee execution). Works with Business, Solutions Engineering and QA to ensure built solutions meet
- Contributes to the approach, work plan and quality criteria for Business Analysis work packages
- Works with QA teams to develop test plans and ensure they understand the business requirements and are able to test solutions appropriately
- Contributes to the operation and improvement of the delivery team
- Exercises appropriate judgment in identifying and calling out risks and issues
What we’re looking for:
- University degree or equivalent experience (Business/Finance, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- The asset would be one or move of:
- –CFA, FRM, MBA
- –Certified Business Analysis Professional
- –Process improvement methodology accreditation
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in one or more of the following roles:
- –Business Analyst or Business Consultant or BSA or Risk Analyst
- –Product Manager or Product Owner
- Solid understanding of institutional investment products including Exchange-traded products, Derivatives and/or Private and Alternative Investments
- Extensive experience with financial instruments valuation and risk calculation, risk management technologies, approaches and practices (including Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, financial modeling and Monte Carlo simulations)
- Strong knowledge and experience in risk measurement methodologies (VaR, Sensitivities, Option Greeks, Stress Testing)
- Experience of relative risk valuation with the benchmark is an asset
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Superb communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, collaborating effectively with business, delivery and technology partners
- Experience collaborating with project delivery and technology teams to deliver solutions that tackle business problems and meet business requirements
- Experience in translating business requirements to technical specifications
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple levels of clients, team, and partners
- Robust understanding of agile and waterfall project management delivery methodologies and the difference between needs and wants
- Enthusiastic customer service focus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in planning and leading UAT
- Experience with the following technologies is an asset: FIS Adaptiv, PL/SQL, MS SQL, OLAP, Multi-dimensional Database, Bloomberg Terminal, SimCorp Dimension, Charles River, OpenLink Findur, PowerBI, Excel Power Pivot
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.