Site Reliability Engineer
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a permanent opportunity located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
Are you an Engineer that wants your systems to work? Does endless tech toil vex you? Are you the type that would rather fix it once than repairing it 100 times?
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who enjoys designing and developing systems where they can balance Reliability and Frequent Improvements. Our payments team builds our critical architecture and global payments system platform.
- Work on building and improving our tools for deploying, monitoring and managing our systems
- Share knowledge and experience with other Engineers and develop a set of best practices
- Diagnose, troubleshoot problems and develop a fix for them
- Ability to complete the job regardless of the circumstance
- Sense of ownership and willingness to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high level of trust, integrity, and diplomacy
- Show strong initiative and self-motivation
- Plan for situations instead of reacting to them - proactive
- Participate in on-call rotation
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant experience
- 3+ years of IT work experience
- Experience of coding/automating processes in at least one of the following languages (Shell, Go, Python, Scala, Ruby)
- Ability to produce tools to assist the product development teams
- Experience with at least one large scale web application and at least one Cloud provider
- Working knowledge of modern software deployment processes, including CI/CD
- Working experience with either Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation templating
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Fast learner, ability to think on your feet
- Database experience (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Experience managing, deploying and troubleshooting, large scale environments
- Strong interpersonal skills - interacts well within the team and across other teams, and with users
- Experience in networking and security
What our client offers:
- Our client is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
- Flat base salary, unlimited personal and sick days
- 2 weeks vacation
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.