Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Software Engineer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a permanent opportunity located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer to work on our personalization platform which generates over 3 billion recommendations every day. If building high throughput, low latency systems excite you, then read on!
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in the programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications
- Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems
- Work with our machine learning engineers to put cutting edge deep learning algorithms in production
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt a problem solving as a way of life – always go to the root cause!
- Support the code you write in production
What we’re looking for:
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages, preferably Scala
- Experience writing concurrent, distributed applications using frameworks like Akka
- Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed cache
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development
What our client offers:
- Our client is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries and all types of snacks to our office
- All types of signature drinks from coffee to lattes to cappuccinos
- Catered lunch and desserts on a monthly basis!
- Ping Pong and Pool: Become the next Table Tennis/ Pool champ!
- And so much more!
- Flat base salary, unlimited personal and sick days
- 2 weeks vacation
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.