Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Technology Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
This RFS is in a technology operations context. The goals of the assignment include successfully onboarding applications to the cloud and assisting project teams in their adoption of DevOps practices and tools. The resource will work with our Technology Operations team members and clients in a collaborative manner. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and documenting infrastructure as code, writing desired state configurations, creating Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines, monitoring cloud infrastructure and contributing to the design of cloud solutions. The successful candidate will likely have a mix of software development and systems/network administration background. As a result, they will have deep knowledge and/or experience.
As a Technology Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Infrastructure as Code (PowerShell, Azure CLI and/or ARM templates);
- Automated Application Build & Deployment methodologies/tools;
- Server Operating Systems (Windows Server, Linux);
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP Networks and the HTTP(S) protocol;
- NET (Core) Web Application/Web API development (experience with client-side frameworks like Angular a plus);
- Multithreaded Windows Service development;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required working with Azure or AWS with Azure experience preferred;
- Security Centre or AWS/GCP equivalent;
- Azure Monitor, Operations Management Suite or AWS/GCP equivalent ITIL processes;
- Deployment methodologies;
- Cloud security best practices;
- The resource will work with project teams to create Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines for cloud solutions. They will also provide solution design input/guidance, troubleshoot issues with cloud infrastructure and Software Defined Networks and provide any other assistance required to implement a DevOps model for cloud projects. The resource will also be expected to help design and implement Application Monitoring and security reviews for cloud solutions. They will transfer all of this knowledge to full-time staff on an ongoing basis. Specific deliverables include:
- Designing and provisioning cloud infrastructure using infrastructure as code, Desired State Configurations and CI/CD tools to meet client requirements and OPS standards;
- Monitoring and updating cloud infrastructure to ensure standards are met via regular cloud security reviews and event monitoring;
- Documenting solutions;
- Implementing Application monitoring;
- Transferring knowledge to operations and project team staff;
- Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) /Self-serve penetration testing;
- Data encryption; and,
- Disaster Recovery solutions.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.