Infrastructure Architect III
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Infrastructure Architect III and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in March.
We are looking for a highly technical individual with demonstrated expertise in Infrastructure Technologies. You will have the ability to recommend and influence how critical applications are architected and deployed across Virtual and Cloud environments by leveraging your experience in Network and Security and applying best practices in the deployment of applications for optimal placement and performance. Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform. Maintain knowledge and understanding of client’s Infrastructure Technologies in Network, Security and VMware Cloud environments...
As an Infrastructure Architect III, you will be responsible for:
- Apply an in-depth understanding of Application Data Flows for Network as it relates to security;
- Experience with migration virtual machines;
- Draw on best practices and your knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services;
- Be prepared to collaborate with governance and control groups (e.g. regulatory and operational risk, compliance and audit), provide your subject matter expertise and consult on application performance issues as they arise;
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering, and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact;
- Demonstrate knowledge and working experience in Public Cloud Application deployments (Azure, AWS) and private Cloud (VMWare, OpenStack);
- Evaluate designs and experience with migration of virtual machines;
- Experience in migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network;
- Execute traffic flow assessments in preparation for approvals and submit Firewall tickets for implementation of the FW changes based on traffic flow; and,
- Drive solutions to issues encountered during the fulfillment phase of initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- University or Post-Graduate Degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of related experience;
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering);
- Application Discovery/Inventory Analysis, Application/Workload Analysis and Application/workload Migration Execution;
- Expert knowledge of Infrastructure Services – Network, Storage, Load Balancer, Compute & Firewalls.
- Expert knowledge of Multi-Tier Application Architectures – Protocols, Data Flows, Security, Network Operating Systems, Performance Tuning;
- Experience with architecting and engineering Cloud Technologies – VMware, Azure, AWS.
- Leadership prowess when it comes to teams or projects; shares expertise;
- Well-honed, in-depth skills and broad knowledge to address complex problems and non-standard situations;
- Application Migration experience from legacy Datacenter to a multi-cloud Software-Defined Datacenter – ESX 5.5 – ESX 6.0;
- Understanding of end to end Application migration process - Application Discovery/Inventory Analysis, Application Analysis, and Planning, and Application Migration Execution;
- Understanding of Hybrid cloud architecture model Infrastructure design;
- Deep experience in Compute and network technologies;
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and F5 Load Balancers; and,
- Experienced in NSX, VMware Cloud, OpenStack cloud.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.