Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing a set of tasks and facilitation techniques used to work as a partner among stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to meet its goals;
- Performing enterprise analysis prior to pursuing business specific solutions;
- Creating visual models, elicits, & documents requirements;
- Providing second level application services support to internal business users;
- Performing in depth research and identifying sources of production issues;
- Investigating and documenting root cause analysis of issues;
- Focusing on the delivery of the service’s business outcomes and Key Performance Indicators, when determining work priorities;
- Working closely with business and technology partners in identifying process improvement opportunities;
- Building and fostering relationships across multiple workgroups and scrum teams;
- Providing impact analysis of process and technical change requests to existing service;
- Analyzing impact of Information Technology environment changes and upgrades on the application services and coordinating testing and change management;
- Analyzing trends in application support tickets and executing problem management practices to eliminate recurring incidents;
- Assisting in the development and execution of test plans, and documenting results as necessary; and,
- Maintaining system documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field;
- Valid government of Canada security clearance;
- Five plus (5+) years of Business Analyst experience;
- Experience in effectively interacting and communicating with business teams; can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IT deliverables;
- Three plus (3+) years Business analysis and software support;
- Excellent problem solving, planning, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication, including written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Three plus (3+) years Digital applications experience, Design thinking, Backlog management, Service integration design skills, BPM modelling;
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum methodology;
- Ability to identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with IT and other applicable cross-organization strategies;
- Deep knowledge of business context and mode of operations;
- Ability to adapt to changing Digital landscape;
- Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks;
- Understanding of principles of iterative development, and ability to document business requirements as Agile user stories; and,
- Certified business analysis professional (CBAP), BABOK, ITIL foundations, Project Management Professional or TOGAF certification (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.