Senior Platform Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Platform Engineer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
The Senior Engineer is part of the Infrastructure and Platform Design team within Enterprise Information Management. Reporting to the Manager of the IPD Tools team; this role is responsible for designing, building and testing an automated and resilient Big Data infrastructure and platform for the Information Excellence program. This position must work proactively and effectively within EIM, ITS and other technology and business partners to provide technical direction, support, expertise and best practices in the systems and infrastructure that encompass the Information Excellence platform.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Provide guidance to all delivery teams, ensuring all physical designs meet the IPD team's strict fault-tolerant, scalable guidelines.
- Leads or actively participates in POC/Design sessions & provides detailed template guidelines for junior engineers to follow.
- Contributes to the development of the Hadoop platform's technical design and capability roadmap, including clearly documenting the various interdependencies to ensure all platform users can design and implement components/processes and capabilities in as
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and recommending optimal solutions within technology architecture.
- Develop and document system and infrastructure configurations utilizing the SDLC methodology.
- Participate in the preparation of system implementation plans and support procedures.
- Provide ongoing system automation management support to Information Excellence teams and related business partners.
- Performs regular and frequent Infrastructure risk assessment and proactively addresses risks.
- Accountability for platform performance and recommendations for platform performance tuning to meet the various delivery teams' non-functional.
What we’re looking for:
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in system administration, information management, system automation, and testing;
- Three (3) years of Big data and Hadoop experience;
- Three (3) years of strong proficiency in Linux shell scripting and system administration;
- Hadoop administration;
- Java, virtual environments, configuration and deployment automation;
- Ten (10 ) years of experience with information technology; data and systems management;
- Tools and Utilities - Jenkins, Hadoop development tools & utilities (Pig, Hive, Java, Sqoop, Flume, etc.) and CDH, Podium, Talend, Oozie, Hive;
- Knowledge of RESTful API-based web services;
- Cloudera experience or certification would be an asset; and,
- Enterprise environment experience is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.