Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Assist the Company in the full project lifecycle system implementation including system design and build, delivery integration, testing, and post-live support.
- Be comfortable leading the requirements gathering process and working closely with the business, the HR SME’s and Project Manager.
- Ensure the requirements of the project stakeholders are met.
- Translate business needs into technical requirement specifications to the new tool, such as but not limited to
- Data Management – e.g.: Robust mapping process
- Financial Analysis - e.g.:
- Ability to slice financial data in multiple ways (e.g. by Region, Branch, Producer, Currency, LOB, etc.)
- Forecast, budget, and analyze actual vs budget
- Compare Current to Prior year data
- Troubleshoot problems, test, and work with business to resolve issues
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Partner with the business to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes, ensuring processes and controls are fully documented.
- Day to day operational and technical support to users of the finance system.
- Support the development and use of the MI system to improve financial reporting and deliver an efficient and effective service to internal and external customers
- Support system upgrade processes
- Ensure data integrity across the finance systems at all times including robust change control and appropriate segregation of duties.
- Maintain effective relationships between HR, Finance and external support providers
- Acquire deep knowledge and understanding of the company’s business performance and reporting to Finance Leadership
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and application of the same
What we’re looking for:
- The ideal candidate will be CPA/ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or similar
- Adaptive experience required.
- Five plus (5+) years’ hands-on user experience with core financial applications and systems (insurance industry preferred)
- Experience with SQL will be a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Implementation life-cycle experience, preferably with project management, issue management, communication, and change management exposure.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning and analysis systems
- Excellent knowledge of Financial / Accounting principles and best practices
- Work well under stressful conditions, sometimes within tight timelines, to keep self and others focused, objective and effective in the face of pressure.
- Influence others through positive action and elicit support.
- Be a team player and consistently keep relevant staff informed and updated
- Employ problem-solving and decision-making abilities to resolve challenges quickly and creatively through appropriate courses of action
- Positive proactive individual
- Professional self-starter
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Not afraid to make suggestions and put forward ideas
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion is required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.