Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Data Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 4-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start in February.
Working in the Business Solution Delivery team, the Data Architect provides consultation and expertise to drive the data architecture function. He/she establishes principles and long-term strategy for master data governance and data management to help the organization meet long-term goals for leveraging core master data assets to create value and mitigate potential costs due to improper handling of data.
This individual designs and builds complex relational databases and data warehouses work with technical as well as enterprise-level to understand business requirements and identifies data solutions. This role ensures the application of the models and standards by providing the development, analysis, design, and management of multiple complex data sources in support of clinical process and efficiency improvement initiatives. The Data Architect helps develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of databases on an enterprise level. He/she works in conjunction with and may provide leadership and direction to a team of database developers to meet technical requirements. The Data Architect also has in-depth expertise with data security, data modeling, storage solutions, database virtualization and replication as well as other complex technical tools and solutions
As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Participate in the development, evolution, and oversight of the overall vision for Information Lifecycle of the corporation and clients by collaborating with management, staff, and stakeholders on data strategy, architecture, rationalization, quality and analytics to support strategic business initiatives;
- Provide guidance and basic principles to projects to assist the efficient management of data assets;
- Provide end-to-end vision and knowledge to projects to help them better design solutions from a data perspective;
- Close the gap between the technical and high-level business requirements from a data perspective by effectively communicating to business owners and technical teams;
- Establish and oversee basic data modeling principles;
- Design data architectures, design and build complex relational databases and data warehouses to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements;
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database;
- Perform database tuning and optimization, provide suggestions on database performance improvement to the application support and/project development teams;
- Develop Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data;
- Provide expertise, guidance, and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization;
- Utilize industry & competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business;
- Implement Relational and multi-dimensional database solutions using available database development tools; and,
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of database developers to ensure technical requirements are met.
What we’re looking for:
- Data management: significant experience with the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise-level data systems such as Oracle, Teradata. or others; established and recognized area(s) of expertise in data standards and database products; strong data management skills including relationships and conversion requirements;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a Data Architect;
- Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT;
- Client Management: can consolidate business requirements and translate them into sound solution architecture;
- Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross-application context;
- Application development: knowledge of functions, features, and facilities of applicable programming languages;
- Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments;
- Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration;
- Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain;
- Excellent understanding of technologies (current and emerging); and,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.