Business Systems Analyst
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Fredericton, NB to start in February.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Definitions (a common interpretation of data, what each data element means and what it is used for - business glossary)
- Data Standards (documented agreements for data descriptions, formats, and representation)
- Data Quality Requirements (the rules we set for what good data looks like)
- Reviewing profiling reports and identifying data to be cleansed,
- Identifying active versus inactive data,
- Working with the data migration team on data cleansing activities,
- Working with the business and technical subject matter experts to help better define source rules and requirements, and,
- Actively participating and facilitating stakeholder engagement meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- A University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, a related discipline or certification in Information Technology from a recognized community college. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three (3) Years Demonstrated experience with data governance (or management) and migration activities.
- Five (5) Years Business Analyst experience including requirements analysis and design activities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis including but not limited to the following data activities: migration, profiling, cleansing, mapping, mining, conversion, quality, and other data management activities;
- Demonstrated experience in information seeking including but not limited to asking questions, investigation, digging deeper and doing research;
- Demonstrated experience in the following competencies: problem-solving, critical thinking and analysis;
- Demonstrated experience with engaging and working with various business unit subject matter experts (SMEs) and/or technical SMEs on data definition and data standardization activities;
- Demonstrated competency in effective interactive communication and presentation skills including but limited to requirements elicitation, workshop facilitation, and requirements prioritization;
- Demonstrated experience working within projects involving personal or confidential data;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Master Data Management; and,
- Demonstrated experience querying data sets including SQL queries and reports.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.