Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Database Analyst. This is a five (5) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing existing documentation gathered from various diagnostic tools;
- Conducting research on each database in scope to gather additional details not already found from running existing diagnostic tools;
- Analyzing details gathered to determine the business owner for each database;
- Communicating with business owners to gather additional details about the data collected in each database;
- Tracing database / application linkages;
- Communicating with software vendors (as needed) to determine if a database upgrade will be compatible with the existing application software;
- Documenting various migration paths which may be used based on specific criteria (version of SQL server, features used, etc.);
- Formulating a migration plan for each database;
- Working with the project manager to map out a timeline for the migration plan considering variables such as the migration path, client availability, vendor involvement required, etc.;
- Preparing technical documentation as required;
- Assisting with other database tasks as required by the project manager; and,
- Providing regular feedback to the project manager on the status of this assignment.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Relevant degree (bachelor, masters) or relevant combination of education and experience;
- Experience with SQL SERVER databases;
- Experience with database upgrades / migrations;
- Experience working with a large enterprise;
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical clients;
- Experience creating technical documentation;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks; and,
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and on own initiative.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.