Automation Test Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for three (3) Automation Test Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Edmonton, AB to start immediately.
As an Automation Test Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality test coverage following COE defined standards. In this role, you will work within a team environment with other practitioners to understand and participate in business requirements definition, technical designs, development, testing, and implementation. The Automation Test Analyst will participate in project activities to meet the team, department, and corporate objectives. You must have Quality Assurance experience developing test coverage or strong financial experience with an attitude focused on quality and analytical thinking. Must be able to build and troubleshoot automated test scripts. Must be adaptable to changes, eager to learn and implement new technologies.
As an Automation Test Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Apply DevOps, Agile/SCRUM and continuous delivery practices;
- Analyze and Identify testing approaches based on risk tolerance to meet medium to complex business needs;
- Understands the complexities of a full-stack environment with occasional support;
- Execute test coverage within the sprint, working with other members of the Value Stream;
- Document defects and provide a risk assessment to assist the VSL and PO to determine appropriate resolution;
- Handle competing priorities while ensuring deliverables are met;
- Contribute to Quality Assurance testing standards and best practices;
- Continually assess new tools and methodologies for Quality Assurance to identify opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiencies;
- Use troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to deliver solutions to problem areas of simple to medium complexity;
- Cross-train and shadow manual testers on automation, educate manual testes to run the automation test coverage;
- Develop medium to complex test scripts with occasional support;
- Foster a culture of team collaboration and continuous improvement;
- Promote active listening with team members;
- Communicate clearly, both written and verbally with directions and a minimum level of support;
- Manage own time and schedule within the overall project plan, can effectively control the scope of own work;
- Timely communication escalates own issues and potential team issues appropriately;
- Contribute to Development COE Knowledge Base:
- Build, mature and deliver capabilities that are appropriate for the client within the delivery automation domain;
- Follow policies and standards related to Development;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing among peers; and,
- Proactively share knowledge with members of IS to help them adopt Development best practices.
What we’re looking for:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience in Automation testing or a combination of experience with both manual testing and software development;
- One (1) to two (2) years of work experience testing APIs and with data structures e.g. REST, XML, JSON;
- Experience with one or more automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium, API testing tools);
- Proven ability to complete high-quality work at a detailed level (attention to detail);
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively work and collaborate with multiple levels within the organization;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applies design guidance, technical direction, and assistance when building or training others to use automation frameworks;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to train coach manual testers on automation basics;
- Experience in Agile software development projects;
- Must be able to work within an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Must be able to use Code Repositories such as GitHub, TFS or Azure DevOps;
- Must be able to work in a Test Driven Development environment;
- Experience in testing enterprise distributed systems; and,
- Experience with testing web and mobile applications.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.