Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Writer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a six (6)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in February.
As the Technical Writer, you will be responsible for:
- Collecting current IT Policies & Procedures and creating a managed inventory;
- Reviewing IT P&Ps, determining audience of each Policy &Procedure (Public, Staff and/or IT Staff), identifying opportunities for consolidation, Policies & Procedures requiring revisions, and/or new Policies & Procedures that are required;
- Prioritizing policy revision/development work based on organizational risk and developing a work plan with timelines for completion;
- Developing standardized templates, processes, and language based on the audience to maintain consistency amongst policy and procedure documents across the Service and aligned with the Company policy framework; Conducting research on best practices and legislation;
- Working with Subject Matter Experts, revise/develop Policies & Procedures according to the work plan;
- Providing rationale and/or potential implications regarding P&P amendments;
- Developing process (including accountabilities) to track and monitor standard review dates for all policies and procedures, ensure that all documents meet review deadlines where applicable, that master copies of approved policies and procedures are maintained
- Working with the internal communications team, policy team, and management around the communication and implementation of the revised/new P&P; and,
- Transition knowledge and accountabilities to staff identified as having accountability for on-going P&P management.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three (3) years’ experience in conducting research and developing/writing IT policies and procedures required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Comprehensive knowledge of researching and developing policies, procedures, and standards;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practice policy and procedure development;
- Experience in the public sector and/or an environment focused on public service delivery (an asset); and,
- ITIL certified is considered (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!