Quality Assurance Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve(12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in February.
As the Quality Assurance Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Developing automation and analytical methods and processes to enhance and ensure the reliability and quality of new and existing products;
- Directly participating in test plan development; automation software development, and test plan execution, results analysis, root cause identification, and reporting;
- Impact Analysis of plan or policy changes on test cases in regression or other testing tools;
- Analyzing failure reports and making recommendations to improve product reliability and quality;
- Working independently to maintain, modify, and enhance existing quality methods & processes;
- Assisting in the evaluation of quality standards, making recommendations for improvement;
- Providing input in designing modular test scripts;
- Understanding object-oriented designs and methodologies (i.e. inheritance, encapsulation, aggregation, components and interfaces);
- Executing both automated and interactive testing on desktop applications and web technologies;
- Using database tools such as iSeries, Cognos and Microsoft Access to understand the Company’s data model;
- General technical knowledge of operating systems, web pages, graphics etc.
- Knowledge of database structures;
- Tracking and prioritizing application problems with project managers
- Writing clear, accurate and concise documentation
- Reviewing and re-testing any maintenance releases requested as a result of defects reported post-release;
- Obtaining guidance from Managers, Team Leads, Seniors and Technical Testers when questions arise; and,
- Obtaining guidance from developers, project managers, and other members of the project team as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with a considerable degree of independence as well as a team member;
- Flexibility and ability to lead testing requirements for projects with pre-set limits; ability to prioritize multiple work assignments successfully;
- Ability to learn new business rules quickly and adapt these into reliable effective tests;
- Ability to adapt testing practices with new technology;
- Ability to work independently or within a team to develop and test an application based on user requirements;
- Experience with automation tools (TestNG, Selenium);
- Experience with Test Plans and documentation;
- Familiarity with Object-oriented methodologies;
- Knowledge of relational databases;
- Experience with GUI application testing;
- Experience with Agile SDLC methodologies (an asset); and,
- Working knowledge of pension rules (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.