Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
p>Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Consultant and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As a Business Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborates with business partners, including senior management, to define business objectives, processes, and requirements in various areas.
- Ability to build current state and future state business process maps
- Analyze current flows and prepares use cases and all necessary documents
- Identifies inconsistencies and gaps within a business process description and collaborates with stakeholders to clarify and simplify complex processes
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs and captures this in a Requirements Management
- Plan business analysis project delivery milestones, create BA team estimates and ensures BA team tracks to delivery dates.
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of the project objectives
- Within the context of the project, leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs a
- Identifies and documents project requirements in order to capture required outcomes and ultimately support the business’s overall objectives
- Highlights situations and procedures that will require change management and works with business and user to determine the best course of action
- Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to the organization’s Requirements Management Process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables
- Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identity who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
- Participates in the full development life-cycle, including requirements change requests, clarifications with developers and quality assurance analysts and guidance for business user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Participates in the development of strategic and tactical IT plans to help inform future project work of the direction of the business
- Provides coaching, professional guidance, and support to Business Analysts, as required, in order to foster professional development
What we’re looking for:
- Possesses a University degree/college diploma in a relevant discipline;
- Seven plus (7+) years of demonstrated experience as a Senior Business Analyst/Business Consultant within a financial institution;
- Experience with regulatory reporting and financial systems;
- Demonstrates solid business knowledge of the Finance/Banking industry;
- Advanced knowledge of project management and system development life cycle;
- Exhibits a solid understanding of business, data, process, and object-oriented analysis and modeling techniques;
- Is familiar with business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments);
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centered design;
- Solid understanding of technology architecture concepts, data structures, and development concepts;
- Knowledge of capital markets, treasury, corporate tax and/or regulatory reporting for financial institutions would be an asset;
- Demonstrates knowledge of agile practices including, scrum/iterative delivery, epics/user stories, staged deliveries, test-driven development, would be an asset;
- Strong Documentation Skills (Capable of writing clear and well-structured business documents). Strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Visio);
- Working data analysis skills (understands basic SQL);
- Exhibits advanced strategic business visioning and planning;
- Possesses advanced problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate with varying stakeholders in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.). Advanced facilitation and presentation skills;
- Possesses advanced influencing and negotiating skills;
- Very analytical and detail-oriented. Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to adeptly manage change and cope with complex and ambiguous situations.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.