Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Systems Administrator and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Edmonton, AB to start immediately.
As a Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Attend and contribute to team meetings;
- Provide value added user training where appropriate;
- Create and maintain detailed Platform systems documentation and procedures;
- Escalate issues to manager where required using established guidelines;
- Provide support as required;
- Perform research, configuration and deployment of line of business software;
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations;
- Manage assignments and customer expectations to meet due dates;
- Working with clients to manage expectations, keep them informed and strive for customer satisfaction;
- Provide project leadership;
- Provide technical leadership and coaching when required;
- Maintain current knowledge of the client Infrastructure and evolving changes within the environment by sharing information to keep current on new products, services, or other configuration changes within the environment;
- Serve as an escalation point for junior staff and other teams;
- Maintain awareness of current products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all platform procurement and development efforts;
- Ensure IS Infrastructure adheres to defined service level objectives with business units; and,
- Perform other duties as required by the manager.
What we’re looking for:
- At least ten (10) years of proven experience working with Information Technology in a corporate multi- platform, multi-vendor environment;
- Financial sector experience is considered an asset;
- Knowledgeable of Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, Windows 7;
- Windows 2012/2016 Server Configuration/Administration experience;
- Have a solid understanding of VMware Virtualization technology;
- Familiar with vCenter Operations Manager an asset;
- Have a solid understanding of the architecture, design, implementation and management of all aspects of Microsoft Windows operating systems and application services including Active;
- Directory 2008, Exchange 2010/2013, and Lync;
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of IS security, and security hardening practices;
- Solid understanding of basic networking and vlan designs and topologies;
- Blackberry Enterprise Server Administration an asset;
- Knowledge to support Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory Migration and other Microsoft Enterprise applications;
- Familiarity with HP products including Data Protector and Remote Copy an asset;
- Knowledge of networking, hardware, software, desktop, Microsoft Office, and excellent
- knowledge of information systems and security;
- Grade twelve education and a minimum two (2) year technical diploma or business degree in Computer;
- Systems / Information Technology;
- At least two CompTIA Certifications from A+, Network+, Security+ and Server+; and,
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.