Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for two (2) Technical Architects and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 10-month contract located in Brampton, ON to start in February.
As Technical Architects, you will be responsible for:
- Main areas of engagement: Compute, Storage and Network;
- Participate in the development of the architectural design of new features and enhancements;
- Develop and produce suitable Network Design Specifications and Methods of Procedures;
- Execute and document the necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform;
- Maintain software code up to date by applying necessary patches in the network devices in the SDE network;
- Capacity management and augment of production network devices in the SDE network;
- Provide support to Operations, troubleshoot production issues to provide resolutions; and,
- Provide regular project status and issues for escalation.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum five (5) years of technical experience in Telecom;
- Professional Engineer or working towards Professional Engineer designation is an asset;
- Graduate or Undergraduate University degree in electrical/computer engineering. Major in telecommunications is an asset;
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including presentations to management;
- Capable to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Detailed and problem-solving oriented, able to multi-task;
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of various factors in order to determine all options and arrive at the best solution;
- Creative and effective decision making to solve problems/achieve results;
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols, routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MP-BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP, OSPF, MVPN) and application services is a must
- Strong knowledge and experience in Cisco IOS and the family of Cisco Network Technologies;
- Strong knowledge and experience in JUNOS and the family of Juniper networking Technologies;
- Solid experience and knowledge of VPN technologies;
- Strong knowledge and experience in application delivery control technologies such as a load balancer (a10 preferred);
- Experienced knowledge with SDN/NFV virtualization architecture for cloud data center design;
- Demonstrated experience setting up IP underlay networks (Leaf/Spine) and overlay networks (VXLAN; MPLS); and,
- Experience should also include the foundations for cloud-based infrastructure (Server, Compute, & Networking), software orchestration (MANO) & automation (Openstack).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.