Junior Network Administrator
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for three (3) Junior Network Administrators and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Calgary, AB to start in February.
As a Junior Network Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a first level support resource for network communication problems.
- Installing, programming and testing networking hardware (wired and wireless, cabling, etc.).
- Maintaining and repairing communication equipment.
- Producing and updating process and support documentation.
- Network monitoring, maintenance, and reporting – including recording and tracking incidents in the central ticketing system.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients.
- Communicating changes, outages to appropriate contacts.
- Continuous improvement of the overall operation to enhance reliability, availability, and functionality of the systems and services provided by the department.
- Keeping current on industry products and technologies available for communications, (e.g. Internet services, protocols, and networking equipment).;
- Working closely with all departments within other partners to ensure solution execution and problem resolution;
- After-hours on-call duties are part of this job; AND,
- Business hours are 6 am – 6 pm and you will be scheduled for a 9-hour shift inside of this window.
What we’re looking for:
- A diploma or degree in a relevant field such as Telecommunications, Network Administration or equivalent experience);
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CCNA designation;
- Strong organizational skills with proven attention to detail;
- Due to the dynamic nature of this area, the ability to function effectively in a multi-team environment and to adapt to multiple dynamic priorities, which can change with little advance notice, is mandatory;
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP);
- Experience with Switching, Vlans and spanning-tree is an asset;
- Experience and understanding of Network services such as RADIUS, NTP, DNS, and DHCP is an asset;
- Experience with load balancing and wireless solutions would be an asset; and,
- Preference will be given to individuals with skills in protocol, performance and statistical analysis.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.