Business Intelligence Developer
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in January.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Adhere to all standards, policies, and governance practices;
- Support accomplishing the shared TRMIS goals;
- Assume ownership of various initiatives across Enterprise Data & Analytics as agreed with team or tech lead for complete and successful delivery;
- Provide functional expertise within his/her skills to assist delivery team members, foster collaboration;
- Work closely and maintain ongoing communications with project lead, project sponsor, business analyst, and technical leads;
- Provide issue response and root cause analysis on production support or QA tickets as assigned by the team lead, tech lead, or project lead;
- Escalate issues on a timely basis to team lead, tech lead, and project lead;
- Communicate incoming work requests to team lead when requested to work on unplanned items;
- Report over or under allocation to the team lead, forecast work remaining, identify and communicate variance to plan. If the colleague is a contractor he/she should request approval prior to working overtime;
- Perform on-call support and pager duties as assigned by team lead;
- Report progress, delays, and risks on assigned activities to project lead;
- Provide feedback on lessons learned and retrospective meetings;
- Raise awareness when existing code, systems, or processes do not meet current quality expectations and standards;
- Initiate User Account/Hardware/Software requests need to perform the assigned tasks; and,
- Ensure proper timesheet submittal by the agreed SLA, every week, reflecting actual hours worked on any projects or assignments.
What we’re looking for:
- University or College degree with related previous experience;
- Five plus (5+) years of Tableau developer experience;
- Five plus (5+) years of reporting experience;
- Five plus (5+) years of Tableau Server experience;
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written is a must;
- Previous Data warehouse experience; and,
- Previous ETL, database, Hadoop and Agile methodology experience would be all assets.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.