Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Data Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start immediately.
As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Participate in the development, evolution, and oversight of the overall vision for Information Lifecycle of the corporation and clients by collaborating with management, staff, and stakeholders on data strategy, architecture, rationalization, quality, and analytics to support strategic business initiatives
- Provide guidance and basic principles to projects to assist the efficient management of data assets;
- Provide end-to-end vision and knowledge to projects to help them better design solutions from a data perspective
- Close the gap between the technical and high-level business requirements from a data perspective by effectively communicating to business owners and technical teams
- Establish and oversee basic data modeling principles
- Design data architectures, design and build complex relational databases and data warehouses to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database,
- Perform database tuning and optimization, provide suggestions on database performance improvement to the application support and/project development teams
- Develop Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data;
- Provide expertise, guidance, and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement, and presentation of data for projects and the organization;
- Utilize industry & competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business;
- Implement Relational and multi-dimensional database solutions using available database development tools;
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of database developers to ensure technical requirements are met;
What we’re looking for:
- Client Management: can consolidate business requirements and translate them into sound solution architecture
- Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross-application context
- Application development: knowledge of functions, features, and facilities of applicable programming languages
- Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments
- Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration
- Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain
- Excellent understanding of technologies (current and emerging)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Data Architect.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.