Test Engineer (Power Conversion Products)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Test Engineer (Power Conversion Products) and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a Permanent-month contract located in Brampton, ON to start immediately.
Our client has become the North American hub for integrated power transformation, energy storage, power distribution system design and manufacturing. With access to numerous technology centers beyond North America, they are now designing and developing a new line of exciting and innovative products for the global power market.
The Test Engineer will collaborate with the Engineering, Product Development and Product Manufacturing Teams to develop a test methodology, define the equipment for test bays, for prototype testing and subsequent production test protocols. This is a key role because we are in the process of developing three new product platforms in the power conversion market space. Naturally, this position will evolve into having responsibility for oversight of production testing.
As a Test Engineer (Power Conversion Products), you will be responsible for:
- Plan, develop, and implement test protocols and qualification testing procedures for production of innovative, complex and highly technical customized power conversion products;
- Design and implement an effective test bay for new products including during the prototyping stage, compliance testing and future production needs;
- Support ongoing production and qualification test needs;
- Monitor and analyze production system test data;
- Develop work instructions and process documents for testing;
- Investigate operational issues affecting testing and recommend solutions;
- Perform debug and troubleshooting of product as needed to maintain product requirements and to understand any failure root causes;
- Develop manufacturing diagnostics to make the debug process more efficient;
- Continually improve testing operations through software, tooling and fixtures design for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings;
- Work with product design engineers on design for test and design for cost considerations;
- Recommend adjustments to assembly methods to improve manufacturability and testing outcomes;
- Make recommendations to supply chain based on production test processes;
- Collaborate with Production Managers regarding production process improvement when required;
- Adherence to all relevant standards including those related to product certifications (UL, CSA, etc.); and,
- Provide input for customer support.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in product testing;
- Experience in high-power power conversion equipment which may include uninterruptible power systems, static transfer switches, inverter systems, harmonic filters, variable frequency drives, etc.;
- Experience with equipment calibration;
- Root cause analysis, troubleshooting and debugging;
- Familiarity with electronics component testing, PCB debugging, instrumentation testing, and instrumentation software;
- Proven track record in process test improvement resulting in product quality improvements and efficiencies in production;
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and ISO quality system methodology;
- Understanding of requirements for product certifications (e.g. UL, CSA, etc.);
- Familiar with safety-critical testing standards;
- Thrives in a fast-paced innovative environment where several interdependent technologies and products are being developed simultaneously;
- Comfortable learning new skills and eager to conduct research to figure things out;
- Welcomes the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on input from others and requirements that are subject to change;
- Demonstrates initiative and a passion for achieving results;
- Resourceful, innovative and energetic;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to present ideas clearly to all levels;
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills;
- Strong project management and organizational skills; and,
- Ability to travel to international destinations; must possess and maintain a valid passport for international travel.
Our client offers a competitive salary and an excellent group health benefits plan.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.