Compliance/Certification Engineer (Power Conversion Products)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Compliance/Certification Engineer (Power Conversion Products) and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This is a Permanent position located in Brampton, ON to start immediately.
Our client has become the North American hub for integrated power transformation, energy storage, power distribution system design and manufacturing. With access to numerous technology centers beyond North America, they are now designing and developing a new line of exciting and innovative products for the global power market.
This position is a key role that works with the Operations Team as well as the Engineering/Product Development Team. This role is responsible for developing, documenting and executing the certification processes for UL, CSA, IEC/CE required to support the production, compliance, and certification of new highly complex and customized products. This role will also provide critical input into the product design process for teams in North America, France, and Italy and will be responsible for maintaining effective and efficient certification processes for commercialized products. Documentation may include engineering testing, analyses and required periodic regulatory submissions.
As a Compliance/Certification Engineer (Power Conversion Products), you will be responsible for:
- Manages the overall product certification process in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Identifies certification basis, researches and identifies required regulations, develops certification strategy to show compliance to these requisite regulations and documents compliance findings;
- Collaborates with engineering, production and operations teams to make sure product design activities support the certification approach/strategy;
- Works with mechanical design engineers, electrical systems engineers, and power conversion engineers to execute and adhere to certification processes;
- Actively develops and adapts comprehensive processes to demonstrate compliance with required regulations;
- Actively assists engineering teams in solving internal and external certification-related challenges;
- Collaborates with product design, supply chain and production teams regarding the scope, deliverables, and schedule for projects;
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop qualitative certification-related documents and deliverables;
- Provides support and guidance for all compliance-related testing. This may require onsite support during testing;
- Manages the integrity of the documentation required for compliance/certification;
- Work directly with customers to provide them with required customized test reports;
- Assists as required in the development and approval of qualification test plans and reports with internal team members and customers;
- Assist in the selection of suitably qualified components for the application; and,
- Adherence with all company policies, including health and safety protocols.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, preferably in an electrical/electronic discipline;
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated experience in compliance/certification of brand new power conversion products;
- Experience in compliance/certification of engineered, highly complex and customized products within a regulated industry;
- Familiar with managing the UL/CSA/CE certification process, e.g. UL1008S, UL1778, UL1741, UL9540 and related IEC standards, specifically in the high-power power conversion industry which may include uninterruptible power systems, static transfer switches,
- Familiarity and/or experience working in an engineering/technical organization with strict document control processes and procedures and the ability to adhere to them;
- Strong technical writing abilities including outlining regulations and/or requirements with strict attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to present ideas clearly to all levels;
- Proven track record in implementing processes related to compliance/certification;
- Knowledge of ISO quality system methodology;
- Familiar with safety-critical testing standards;
- Thrives in a fast-paced innovative environment where several interdependent; technologies and products are being developed simultaneously;
- Demonstrates initiative and a passion for achieving results;
- Resourceful, innovative and energetic;
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship; and,
- Ability to travel to international destinations; must possess and maintain a valid passport for international travel.
Our client offers competitive wages and benefit package
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.