Business Analyst/Project Manager
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst/Project Manager for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting and delivering various process and technology initiatives;
- Defining and documenting business problems and/or opportunities for proposed initiatives, identifying, and validating the key business requirements;
- Assisting BA/PM Team Lead, application development and business teams to evaluate potential software solutions – internal and off-the-shelf – to ensure business requirements are addressed effectively;
- Creating and assembling project management deliverables for the projects assigned including but not limited to: project charter, project management plans, organizational change management plans, lessons learned, project completion report;
- Managing changes, decisions, risks, and issues so you can provide timely updates to stakeholders;
- Collaborating with the Software Development and IT Infrastructure teams towards the successful design, implementation and testing of projects;
- Employing the Agile framework in gathering user requirements, developing plans, making business cases, and prioritizing product development in conjunction with Product Owner/BA team members on software development initiatives;
- Conducting discovery/requirements gathering sessions, providing and maintaining the resulting documentation throughout the implementation process;
- Conducting gap analysis of existing client systems, identifying any key challenges and defining solutions to the business to have a smooth transition to new systems;
- Actively participating in the definition and prioritization of product roadmap items;
- Determining and analyzing ROI for system improvements;
- Performing data analytics as requested; develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various business process initiatives;
- Researching, reviewing, and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes as well as enhancing them; and,
- Conducting or coordinating organizational change management activities, including but not limited to engagement plans, communications, and training.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field is preferred, however, a combination of professional certifications and/or experience will be considered;
- The skills and flexibility to move between the BA/PM role;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Senior Business Analyst;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Project Manager;
- Basic knowledge of Organizational Change Management (OCM) concepts;
- Proven track record of successful system implementation in the areas of small to mid-size ERP solutions;
- PMP / IIBA certification is an asset;
- Proficiency in understanding Custom Application Development, IT infrastructure, data reporting and analytics, software integration and third-party software evaluations;
- Process documentation and modelling experience;
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies;
- Proficiency in tools such as Team Foundation Server and SharePoint;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software (i.e. MS Visio, MS Project);
- Strong communication skills, including technical writing skills;
- Business/service oriented, with the ability to create and maintain productive relationships;
- Business case development skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Effective organizational, time management, and planning skills; and,
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, as well as ability to work independently.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.