Reactive Systems Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Reactive Systems Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a three (3)-month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start in October.
As the Reactive Systems Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in the development, evolution and oversight of the overall vision for Information Lifecycle of the corporation and clients by collaborating with management, staff and stakeholders on data strategy, architecture, rationalization, quality and
- Providing guidance and basic principles to projects to assist the efficient management of data assets;
- Providing end-to-end vision and knowledge to projects to help them better design solutions from a data perspective;
- Closing the gap between the technical and high-level business requirements from a data perspective by effectively communicating to business owners and technical teams;
- Implementing and overseeing enterprise data governance and data management program;
- Establishing and overseeing basic data modeling principles;
- Designing data architectures, design and build complex relational databases and data warehouses to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements;
- Developing strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database;
- Performing database tuning and optimization, providing suggestions on database performance improvement to the application support and/project development teams
- Developing Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data;
- Providing expertise, guidance and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization;
- Utilizing industry & competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business;
- Implementing relational and multi-dimensional database solutions using available database development tools; and,
- Providing leadership and direction to a team of database developers to ensure technical requirements are met.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent;
- Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT;
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a Solution, Infrastructure, Business or Data Architect;
- Experience with Client Management: can consolidate business requirements and translate them into sound solution architecture;
- Experience with Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross-application context;
- Experience with Application development: knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages;
- Experience with Application development concepts: familiarity with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments;
- Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration;
- Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain;
- Mature perspective on architecture and its role in a dynamic company;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation;
- Excellent understanding of technologies (current and emerging);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment;
- Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA) (an asset);
- TOGAF (an asset);
- ITIL foundations (an asset);
- IT Architecture Certification (Asset);
- SOA (Asset); and,
- Integration technologies (FUSE/DataStage/MQ) (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.