Analyst Independent Control
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Analyst Independent Control and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As an Analyst Independent Control, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and coordinate Attestation (internal and external) activities for T&O Units;
- Manage end-to-end portfolio including leading continuous improvement through the engagement of stakeholders of the portfolio;
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Attestation topics; single point of contact for attestation completion queries;
- Partner with stakeholder to address challenges and improvement opportunities noted in the Portfolio;
- Perform pre-attestation planning and preparation including documentation and establishing sound processes for tracking and monitoring;
- Independently manage all attestation activities, meetings, and communications during the attestation period. Monitor progress and completion status;
- Review and provide governance and oversight to the subjects and issues raised to determine overall impact and risk;
- Manage and coordinate end-to-end Attestation [ Financial and off-cycle] portfolio including leading continuous improvement through the engagement of Partners/stakeholders. Given the magnitude of the Portfolio, there will be an expectation that this individual;
- Subject Matter Expert for Attestation Platform; single point of contact for attestation completion queries;
- Lead development and implementation of strategies and/or major project deliverables as it relates to governance and oversight framework;
- Lead and manage integration of government programs and framework;
- Provide leadership in technical requirements and change management to address Governance Program reporting solutions;
- Document governance programs standards in alignment with client’s policies and standards; manage the roll-out across governance groups;
- Provide consultative support to internal business partners, directly or indirectly, utilizing strong operational, governance and controls knowledge;
- Provide planning, day-to-day leadership and direction to teams of employees by setting the context and direction, tasks and assignments, and establishing boundaries for decision-making and approvals;
- Provide leadership in the preparation and presentation of the quarterly issue management;
- Drive efficiencies to continuously evolve the issue management framework; and,
- Critical thinking and provide governance and oversight to the subjects and issues raised to determine overall impact and risk.
What we’re looking for:
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience;
- An accounting designation or advanced accounting / financial reporting knowledge including working in Finance/ Accounting teams;
- FI experience is a must;
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of related work experience, including experience in accounting / financial reporting environment;
- Advanced understanding of controls and governance and processes and frameworks;
- Advanced knowledge of the process and/or project management (attestation portfolio experience/accountability);
- Exposure of risk metrics analysis and reporting, operational and financial risk;
- Solid knowledge of issue management frameworks and lines of defense;
- Two (2) to five (5) years team leadership experience would be an added asset;
- Audit experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of Policies/standards and best practices is an asset;
- Knowledge of Capital Markets, Private Client & Wealth Management or Retail and • Commercial Banking products and services is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an evolving environment to transform the group to high-performance operational governance state;
- Advanced written and oral communication skills;
- Advanced analytical skills;
- Advanced prioritization and time-management skills;
- Advanced relationship management skills;
- Advanced team leadership skills;
- Advanced decision-making skills;
- Advanced conflict management/ resolution skills;
- Strong facilitation/ presentation skills; and,
- Ability to adapt to a versatile environment and technologies used.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.