Senior Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Project Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start immediately.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure the sponsor's business requirements have been clearly defined and documented;
- Define the scope of the project, own and manage project goals, risks, issues, and resources;
- Work with business owners, Solution, System and Enterprise Architects, technical Subject Matter Experts, and vendors to evaluate solutions, based upon requirements, that meet organization strategies regarding technical solutions to solve business problems;
- May be required to provide input to business strategy and prioritization of Program Portfolio;
- Ensure effective team identification of and act as an escalation point for project risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies within the portfolio, working with the team to devise and implement effective mitigation strategies taking corrective action to achieve resolution to the satisfaction of Program Manager and/or business sponsor;
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the project team (including matrixed project resources), providing coaching, training, development, and feedback to line managers as needed;
- May require negotiation with suppliers (both internal and external) to secure a timely and cost-effective outcome for the project;
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting against the project plan and budget in line with appropriate governance;
- Ensure each project adheres to the governance required by Program Office including the maintenance of full documentation;
- Determine the internal/external resources required to deliver the project(s);
- Create, foster and instill a climate of resources adding value in delivering projects by striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of Change Management; and,
- Ensuring the project deliverables are capable of achieving the benefits defined in the business case.
What we’re looking for:
- PMP Certification is preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience;
- At least five (5) years program/project management experience and a demonstrated track record in large complex IT programs and projects, working with virtual teams across multiple geographic locations;
- In-depth knowledge and proven application of Project Management methodologies and full project lifecycle including documentation standards, risk, issue, assumption and dependency management, and change controls process;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to influence others without direct supervision. Comfortable facilitating meetings, negotiating with vendors and presenting to groups;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills – experience preparing and delivering management presentations and reports;
- Strong positive, can-do attitude;
- Prefers to work in a fast-paced environment and be a member of a closely-knit, high-performance team;
- Desire to learn and become familiar with new technologies; assimilate knowledge quickly and effectively;
- Self-motivated with strong tolerance to ambiguity and change;
- Ensure the sponsor’s business requirements have been clearly defined and documented.;
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of large-scale projects leveraging industry best practices and project management disciplines;
- Proactively address evolving business requirements and work program priorities.;
- Formalize and manage project scope, actively identifying and managing changes.;
- Work across teams to ensure production readiness of project deliverable and seamless transition to support;
- Strong documentation management skills leveraging project repository to share key documents and lessons learned for support, audit, future roadmap and delivery requirements;
- Formal project management training and PMI PMP certification is desirable but not mandatory;
- University degree or equivalent post-secondary education; and,
- Working knowledge of PEATS, PORT, SAP is desirable.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.