Senior Java Developer
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Java Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Development Lead and Manager in a consultative approach;
- Utilizing and test the system, customizing it as required to meet user requirements, including translating system design into program design specifications and developing program specifications to resolve programming problems;
- Defining, analyzing and resolving technical issues and develop program specs;
- Maintaining and executing test plans and functional test scripts for new and modified components;
- Participating in code and configuration review processes;
- Utilizing programs for implementation and install the system, including completion of related documentation, provide installation support (on-site/on-call as required);
- Conducting post-implementation reviews and provide technical support and problem resolution as required;
- Providing input to work estimates for use in project planning activities; and,
- Following the Company's project management and SDLC, disciplines to ensure structured and effective implementation.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in J2EE technologies (Core Java, Servlets, EJB, MDB, JMS, JSF, JSP, Struts MVC, Spring MVC, Spring Framework, Spring Security, Sessions);
- Expertise designing and developing REST (Representational State Transfer)full API’s;
- Knowledge of Websphere, Oracle Portal, Sun LDAP, Oracle Access Manager & Identity Manager, (in order to transition from old to new technology stack);
- Hands-on knowledge of AIX, Windows Server, Linux /Unix OS-based systems and Unix shell scripting;
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms and computer science fundamentals;
- Hands-on knowledge of RDBMS, IBM DB2, Oracle DB;
- Experience with tools – Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, Git, VSTS, VS Code, Eclipse, IBM RAD, Maven;
- Experience writing unit test cases (JUnit);
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.