Application Development Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Application Development Lead and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Brampton, ON to start immediately.
As an Application Development Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Facilitate the cross-functional collaboration of team members from Digital, ITS Platform Management, Infrastructure, Development, QA and Release Deployment groups to understand issues and mitigate the risks associated with the release;
- Leads the effort of defining the Digital strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are build in;
- Develop metrics and reports to provide release planning and status to technology and business stakeholders and executive team, including all agile, maintenance and major releases;
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality;
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations;
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans;
- Work with teams to understand impacts of branches and code merges;
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms;
- Create RFCs, work closely with Change Management and ensure to follow the Change management Process;
- Innovate the Release Management Dashboard and another in-house tooling to automate tasks and provide best-in-class transparency across the organization;
- Troubleshooting application issues;
- Providing first level support for Digital application pipeline and escalating issues to the development team to ensure a timely resolution;
- Providing first level support for application pipelines, which involve troubleshooting and fixing deployment and configuration issues; and,
- Working closely with the automation and development team to ensure recurring issues are addressed.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Management, Computer Science or Software Engineering or other, appropriate discipline;
- Four plus (4+) years in the Release Management;
- Experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps project lifecycles;
- You have three plus (3+) year experience with Docker and containers;
- You have three plus (3+) year experience with Kubernetes;
- You have two plus (2+) year experience with cloud Azure or AWS;
- You have two plus (2+) years experience with CI/CD tools, preferably Azure DevOps or Jenkins;
- You have three plus (3+) years working with NoSQL databases ideally Cassandra;
- You have three plus (3+) years working with ELK (Elastic, Logstash, Kibana);
- You have three plus (3+) years of experience with shell scripting; and,
- You have three plus (3+) years of experience working with Unix/Linux and can navigate easily through a Linux environment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.