Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Solutions Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Business and IT-specific groups as well as an external SaaS provider over an extended period of time to understand business requirements, develop, document and review the Conceptual, Logical and Physical solution architectures required for the Employee Benefits Project;
- Utilizing architecture solutions to Employee Benefits Project stakeholders and Architecture governance;
- Utilizing the design of technology solutions based on specifications, standards, policies, best practices and cost models, in order to meet business requirement and project/initiative deliverables;
- Utilizing client needs and costs/benefit analysis for new technology requirements in designing solutions;
- Utilizing patterns in the solution architecture and develop scalable multi-user architecture; and,
- Identifying architecture risks and analyses of the potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- University Degree in applied sciences such as Computer Sciences, Systems Design, Engineering, Business or a combination of related education, training and experience deemed equivalent;
- 8+ years’ progressively senior experience in Information Technology with a solid background in technology/infrastructure architecture planning, design, development and implementation;
- Minimum six (6) years of solution architecture/solution design experience, ideally with experience in PeopleSoft (HRMS and Financials) and ERP applications;
- Previous solution architecture experience in large enterprise environments, including experience with On-Premise, Cloud and Hybrid technology solutions models;
- Knowledge of Zachman and/or TOGAF architecture frameworks including business / information / application / technology / security architectures;
- Excellent knowledge of, RDBMS – Oracle and SQL Server relational databases; and experience in the use of XML, Web Services, and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies for applications and systems interoperability, including SFTP/MFT, WebSphere and Message Broker are desirable;
- Must have good Knowledge of current development toolsets (Java, Oracle, Microsoft) and Unix and Windows operating systems, and be conversant with networking and communications principles;
- Experience utilizing target solution architecture, as-is documentation, and to-be blueprints;
- Knowledge of utilizing edge technologies design criteria, security and recovery procedures;
- Knowledge of utilizing networking technologies, mainframe, midrange server, enterprise storage and SAN, and personal computer system technologies, related best practices, directory/messaging standards, standard facilities infrastructure/architecture management, facility service delivery processes, infrastructures policies, procedures and direction;
- Experience in technical projects, with design and deployment of significant application n-tiered architecture;
- Extensive experience in systems analysis and design in large systems environments involving complex integrations and interfaces.;
- Knowledge of technology developments, trends and new products to the evaluated application to client short and long-term technology requirements.;
- Knowledge and expertise in the principles, practices and latest concepts in Enterprise Architecture, Project;
- Management methodologies and Solutions Development life cycles, with the ability to promote a coherent, corporate approach to enterprise architecture;
- Strong oral and written communication techniques to utilize reports, reviews, briefing materials and correspondence; presentation skills to present information and findings, options and recommendations to senior officials and managers; ability to utilize ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner; maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients;
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to utilize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed-upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- A strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to use their resources and knowledge to identify high-quality solutions; have high initiative and the ability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment and ability to work on simultaneous projects; and,
- Problem-solving, interpersonal, and oral/written skills to understand the analysis, design, and development of enterprise technology/infrastructure architecture initiatives.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.