Engineer I (Platform Automation Engineer)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for two (2) Engineers I (Platform Automation Engineers) and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As an Engineer I (Platform Automation Engineer), you will be responsible for:
- Provide guidance to all delivery teams, ensuring all physical designs meet the IPD team's strict fault-tolerant, scalable guidelines
- Provide technical design guidance and oversight to the EIM Infrastructure & Platform Design team.
- Leads or actively participates in POC/Design sessions & provides detailed template guidelines for junior engineers to follow.
- Contributes to the development of the Hadoop platform's technical design and capability roadmap, including clearly documenting the various interdependencies to ensure all platform users can design and implement components/processes and capabilities in a seamless and expedient manner;
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and recommending optimal solutions within technology architecture;
- Develop and document system and infrastructure configurations utilizing the SDLC methodology.
- Participate in the preparation of system implementation plans and support procedures;
- Provide ongoing system automation management support to Information Excellence teams and related business partners;
- Performs regular and frequent Infrastructure risk assessment and proactively addresses risks;
- Accountability for platform performance and recommendations for platform performance tuning to meet the various delivery teams' non-functional requirements;
- Demonstrated history of being self-motivated, energetic, results-driven, and executing with excellence; and,
- Effective interpersonal skills working well with a fast-moving team; able to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners.;
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary degree: Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree preferred.;
- A minimum of 4 years of Ansible platform automation experience being your full-time job.;
- A minimum of 2 years with Ansible Tower;
- Experience designing hardware and patching automation for a large enterprise environment;
- A minimum of 3 years of large enterprise infrastructure project delivery;
- A minimum of 2 years of Linux enterprise management tools such as Satellite;
- Big Data and Hadoop experience.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.