Technical Specialist x2
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for Technical Specialists and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a six (6)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in November.
As the Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Leading / conducting detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner;
- Interacting with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers;
- Designing solutions, writing code, performing unit testing, developing appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitating final delivery;
- Conceiving and writing detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements;
- Building solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieving our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy;
- Devising new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns;
- Recommending or automating approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Supporting production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis;
- Evaluating new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on the process, data, risk (e.g., security);
- Working toward the objective of defect-free software and ensuring that systems functionally meet requirements, aligning with architecture and promoting the development of common assets;
- Supporting the resolution of production issues and problems; and,
- Making recommendations to improve Company processes & systems.;
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Science/Mathematics Degree or equivalent work experience.;
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.;
- Working knowledge of DevOps (Bitbucket, Confluence, Artifactory, JIRA,..);
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system;
- Understands functional aspects and technical behaviour of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices;
- Ability to facilitate with and understand the ecosystem that code operates in;
- Working knowledge of required technology, tools: Ab Initio, AIX, Linux, Perl, VBA, Web Services, SQL, ESP;
- Working knowledge of database management: IBM Netezza, IBM DB2;
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrate practices.;
- Knowledge of data science, data analytics;
- Excellent communication;
- Ability to work independently;
- Organizational skills;
- Experience with application packaging and integration for installation on managed workstations utilizing standardized tools and procedures;
- Ability to use a variety of tools and skills to successfully install and update software on the managed desktops with require configurations and security; and,
- Ability to be adaptable.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.