Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an ETL Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a nine (9)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the ETL Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in analysis, coding and testing of ETL processes, as well as technical documentation and deployment preparation;
- Participating in requirements analysis, architecture sessions and create detailed ETL specifications;
- Constructing new and efficient ETL processes for data provisioning and data integration from multiple source systems (REP, PDM, ODM, DataHub);
- Supporting the deployment, configuration and validation of code for the Compass tool data environment and ensure successful data model and database implementation;
- Assisting with data capture, data quality, and validation methods;
- Leveraging the existing data model for the Compass tool, translating business requirements for Phase 3 into specifications for the purpose of recommending a suitable solution to meet the business needs;
- Liaising and coordinate with internal project resources in detailed systems deliverables and technical problem resolution;
- Utilizing documentation including, but not limited to requirements, technical specifications, and source to target mappings;
- Assisting with executing SQL (Structured Query Language) scripts;
- Assisting with developing run books, release notes, deployment instructions and control reports for data movement;
- Assisting with ensuring the new implementation of Compass Phase 3 does not impact the data integrity and design of the existing application by validating the ETL application after any code changes in lower environments;
- Performance tuning complex large data loads and long-running jobs to optimize run time, resource utilization and increase maintainability of the Compass application; and,
- Coding, testing, implementing and maintaining reporting and analytics systems that comply with access and privacy legislation and Company policies.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three (3)+ years in Information Technology or Information Management;
- Three (3)+ years of IBM Infosphere DataStage ETL tool (version 8.5 or greater);
- Three (3)+ years of experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures with relational databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server);
- Two (2)+ year experience of Guidewire (GW) Insurance Suite including BillingCenter, PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, Contact Manager, and DataHub (DH).;
- Two (2)+ years’ experience with data source systems: Prevention Data Mart (PDM), Operations Data Mart (ODM), and REP.;
- Experience with Business Intelligence methodologies and Technologies like Relational databases (Oracle, MySql, etc), OLAP, Visualization business Intelligence (Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, etc), Enterprise Business Intelligence Solutions (ie Co;
- Experience being a member of a design, development project team building Business Intelligence and reporting solutions;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Unix operating systems, Oracle server, Oracle Database, Oracle;
- Experience with Stored Procedures, Oracle Performance Tuning, database design, development and implementation, SQL, PL/SQL, MS-SQL Server, XML, UNIX;
- Proven communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills with the ability to convey technology solutions to all stakeholders;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.