Intermediate Database Security Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Intermediate Database Security Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 2-month contract located in North York, ON to start immediately.
As an Intermediate Database Security Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Strong understanding of database and data security principles;
- Strong understanding of database concepts and principles;
- Strong understanding of security frameworks, tools, and methodologies;
- Strong understanding of functions and features of a major DBMS (Oracle DB, MS SQL Server, etc).;
- Ability to understand database architectures that support business requirements
- Ability to define a work breakdown structure;
- Ability to lead projects that involve others to deliver on database initiatives;
- Ability to clearly and concisely provide oral and written communication;
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks efficiently; and,
- Ability to define and execute on proof of concept initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
- Operational custodian of all aspects of the Guardium Database Activity Monitoring (DAM), Guardium Data Encryption and Vulnerability Assessment (VA) infrastructure;
- Establishing, implementing security best practices within the database environment. This includes but is not limited to hardening scripts, audit documents, compliance filings, etc;
- SOX and HIPPA compliance reporting;
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of database vulnerabilities and emerging threats.;
- Monitoring of the database environment for adherence to security standards;
- Participate and contribute to projects throughout the project lifecycle.;
- Work with other Database Administrators or Developers in defining requirements.;
- Performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of issues within Guardium security suite;
- Support project development following documented standards, policies and procedures (Change Management Process);
- Occasional participation in after-hours and weekend support of production implementations, infrastructure activities, and various disaster recovery exercises;
- Working closely with other team members, technical/team leads, management, specialized IT areas and application support teams to ensure consistent delivery and quality of database services;
- Develop platform-specific stored procedures, functions, and scripts to support internal processes and improve system security;
- University level degree in Computer Science or related information technology degree/diploma;
- Industry security certification such as CISSP or CRISC;
- Experience with IBM Infosphere Guardium DAM, Guardium Data Encryption, and VA tools or similar toolkits;
- Experience Administering Intrusion Prevention, Privilege Identity Management (PIM), or SIEM systems;
- Working Experience with Cloud database technologies and services in AWS;
- Knowledge and experience in incident management and security investigations;
- Experience monitoring diverse environments such as Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2/Z, IMS, especially in relation to Guardium;
- Major DBMS certification;
- Microsoft PowerShell or other platforms specific scripting tool;
- Knowledge of DBMS support tools for the platform of primary knowledge; and,
- Some knowledge of data-mapping and logical and physical data modeling.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.