Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in in-depth workshops with both the core and larger project team to confirm and document functional specifications, information management architecture, data mapping, business models, and transformation rules and user interface design;
- Assisting in the design, development, and delivery of new Business Intelligence (BI) reporting and analytic products based on requirements provided by both internal and external stakeholders;
- Assisting in the facilitation and documentation of the ETL process, including translating system design into the program design specification and other technical artifacts;
- Assisting in the creation and execution of data validation processes to ensure reliability and integrity of data solution provided to the business;
- Assisting with developing run books, release notes, deployment instructions and control reports for data movement;
- Conducting quality management and assurance on data and applications to ensure security and integrity of data;
- Supporting the design and implementation of ETL processes, including data capture, data quality, testing, and validation methods;
- Constructing new and efficient ETL processes for data provisioning and data integration required for large scale, external-facing BI products/solutions;
- Supporting successful data model and database implementation
- Assisting with investigating, analyzing and resolving data model and ETL code issues/changes; and,
- Assisting in the planning and review of testing activities including developing test strategies, test plans, identification of test scenarios and test cases to ensure successful implementation of deliverables.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Seven (7)+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence methodologies and technologies like relational databases (Oracle, MySql, etc), OLAP, visualization business intelligence (Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, etc),enterprise business intelligence tools (ie Cognos, SAS) and ETL (SQL, Information, Datastage), Guidewire and data warehousing;
- Seven (7)+ years’ proven experience in data modelling, database design, querying/data extraction, development, and implementation;
- Three (3)+ years’ experience with Guidewire (GW) insurance suite, including BillingCenter, PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, Contact Manager, and DataHub(DH);
- Three (3)+ years’ experience with data source systems: Prevention Data Mart (PDM), Operations Data Mart (ODM), and REP;
- Three (3)+ years’ experience with ERWIN data modelling tool;
- Proven experience creating documentation including, but not limited to requirements, technical specifications, lineage and source to target mappings as well as applicable training material and update instructions;
- Proven communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills with the ability to convey technology solutions to all stakeholders;
- Proven experience working closely in a team product development environment; and,
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.