Application Support Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Application Support Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Chatham, ON to start in November.
As an Application Support Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- This position will provide operational expertise for key applications utilized within Gas Distribution. You will be an integral part of a sustainment team that is committed to reliable application services and delivering on business strategy, primarily working with the Itron Field Collection System (FCS) and other meters to cash Customer Care applications as deemed necessary;
- Performing sustainment/development activities inclusive of Incidents, Requests, Defects, or Enhancements in a team environment;
- Duties will include support for our Meter Reading application Itron FCS. You will be the primary point of contact with Customer Care business team for day to day operations of our production Itron FCS. Some specific responsibilities include: creating and,
- Competent and frequent interaction with business clients, peers and external vendor partners.
- Maintain data integrity, accuracy, security, and reliability of systems;
- Learning business processes supported by the application;
- Providing high-quality sustainment and occasional development in adherence to defined development methodology and standards
- Gaining knowledge of the CIS environment and understanding the business areas (Customer Care, Sales, Marketing) supported by the IT CIS sustainment team; and,
- Provide after-hours and on-call support as required and on a rotating basis for the team’s applications.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline;
- Minimum 2 years of directly related work experience;
- Experience with customer-facing applications;
- Experience supporting desktop (CotS) solutions and client/server applications;
- Experience with SQL Developer, PL SQL and/or SQL;
- Experience with Java;
- Experience with data and web services integration technologies and associated troubleshooting;
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot technical problems;
- Ability to independently take responsibility for assignments, prioritize and organize work;
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently with business clients, TIS colleagues, and vendors; be responsive and available to client concerns, issues, feedback, and questions;
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment;
- A passion to learn new technologies;
- Experience working in a dynamic application environment which drives the requirement to be agile;
- Must possess key team player qualities including integrity, accountability, and adaptability to change; and,
- strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making. and problem-solving skills including root cause analysis.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.