Senior Java Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Java Developer for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing, designing, and documenting technical specifications that satisfy validated business requirements;
- Constructing software solutions that strictly comply with technical specifications;
- Creating, executing, or participating in all levels of application testing i.e. Unit, SIT, etc.;
- Executing and supporting a range of application software deployment types i.e. from small standalone applications to highly integrated and complex cross-functional software solutions;
- Participating in the on-call support rotation;
- Participating in post-implementation assessments of application solutions;
- Participating in reviews of SDLC deliverables and processes to maximize and share learnings with teams;
- Analyzing, modifying, and supporting legacy and new software applications at all levels of integration and complexity;
- Actively monitoring the operating efficiency and stability of systems against determined service level agreements, ensuring optimal usage of the organization’s software assets and its contribution to the organization’s goals;
- Actively maintaining system technical documentation ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information;
- Awareness of, and adherence to, best practices for application software development;
- Awareness of, and adherence to, defined support processes (i.e. incident management, change management, etc.);
- Driving the development of system specifications;
- Configuring the software to business requirements;
- Developing and executing tests to confirm the functionality;
- Creating necessary documentation and delivering knowledge transfer sessions;
- Coaching developers on best practices and perform peer review of code; and,
- Communicating in a team environment.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or equivalent practical experience;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience delivering technical solutions within a formal Software Development Lifecycle;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with Testing Strategies and techniques i.e. Unit, SIT, performance, load, etc.;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with diagnosing, isolating, and debugging software and/or data related problems;
- Five plus (5+) years of experience with programming languages and environments:
- Java, Java Script, SOA, Multi-threading, Web Services, API (must have);
- Unit Testing, SQL, Source control, Automated builds/integration, Security (encryption), Database experience, Packaging (should have);
- XML/XSD, IIS Configuration/troubleshooting, Active Directory, Architectural Design Experience, SD Methodology, UML (nice to have);
- Working knowledge and practical experience with problem solving techniques;
- Working knowledge and practical experience applying programming best practices;
- Strong root cause analysis skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- The ability to be a team player, skilled at working in a highly collaborative manner;
- A desire to continuously learn;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, addressing different audiences such as technical, non-technical and management; and,
- Experience coaching developers on solution designing, documentation and code reviews.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.