Eagle is currently seeking a Project Analyst for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Project cost estimation to assist in budget preparation and ongoing project cost analysis;
- Assisting with planning, monitoring, and reporting on project progress, risks, issues, and impacts;
- Assisting with identifying and anticipating issues and risks that may impact or delay project schedules;
- Assisting with providing accurate explanations for project schedule variances, cost variances and work plan variances;
- Assisting with development of controls for projects;
- Judging the reasonableness and integrity of data;
- Establishing and maintaining co-operative relationships with department staff, project managers, project team members, external vendors and internal clients at various levels within the organization;
- Participating as a member of a team in the development and implementation of project plans;
- Providing input to project manager regarding status of project activities;
- Facilitating and/or participating in team working sessions to gather and exchange information on project requirements and deliverables;
- Explaining and presenting technical and financial information to others in understandable terms;
- Taking initiative and being flexible to changes in the project environment;
- Monitoring ongoing project activities against the project plan and the project performance baseline;
- Gathering and compiling data for various detailed project reports and presentations; and,
- Organizing and facilitating project working sessions and meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Strong excel skills, automating links to other databases so that data can be populated;
- IT and finance background;
- Dashboard expertise;
- Knowledge of project management and risk management concepts and principles;
- Experience with project management software and applications used to support project delivery and project reporting, including but not limited to SharePoint, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, and JIRA;
- Experience with software development methodology, i.e. Disciplined Agile and Waterfall methodology;
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills;
- Understanding of the context of project plans in order to coordinate and participate in project activities;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Experience planning and handling your own priorities while adapting to changing demands and schedules in a fast-paced project environment; and,
- Experience handling multiple demands and meeting critical timelines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.