IT Quality Assurance Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an IT Quality Assurance Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a six (6)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in October.
As the IT Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the strategy, planning, execution and closure of business and technology testing (may involve coordinating with multiple lines of business and technology partners);
- Assisting in defining test data requirements;
- Ensuring accuracy and completion of requirements traceability and test coverage analysis;
- Managing complex tasks and delivering on time and within budget for the entire program/project with minimal supervision;
- Completion of the following activities during the program/project lifecycle such as; executing and logging the results of the tests, evaluating the test results against technical and business expectations, documenting deviations from expected results, Logging, triage and resolve defects through retest to closure
- Reporting the overall progress and status of testing for a program/project; and,
- Leading and managing a testing team for the lifecycle of the program/project.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree or comparable professional education/training;
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of Business and Technology testing experience;
- Experience in test automation and approaches to automation throughout the testing lifecycle One (1) to three (3) years of progressive project-related experience;
- Excellent business acumen, judgment, decision making and stakeholder management skills;
- Strong leadership skills (team consists of technology and business testing resources) – 20+ people, working with a large cross-functional, cross-enterprise team of QA analysts, business subject matter experts and technology resources;
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills and the ability to advise and support multiple projects as needed;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Strong capability to develop and deliver executive presentations;
- Experience in leading all aspects of the testing lifecycle is required including strategy, planning, execution, and closure;
- Technical experience in automation, performance, data, and solution design;
- Experience in leading a variety of types of testing types (i.e. exploratory, non-functional, functional, user experience etc.);
- Experience prioritizing testing needs across a project and making decisions based on overall quality assurance;
- Experience in optimizing testing through a variety of approaches (i.e. risk/value-based testing, combinatorial/model-based test design etc.);
- Experience as part of project teams in large software and/or process implementation projects;
- Experience with Agile and PDLC;
- Test data management experience;
- Up to date on emerging and industry-leading testing practices and automation
- Ability to define E2E test strategies and an integrated plan that covers both business and technology
- Ability to understand and relate business and technical requirements for software and processes
- Ability to adapt to changes in scope, timelines and requirements
- Ability to accurately and concisely communicate holistic test status and link to an understanding of program and business outcomes
- Ability to translate between Business and Technology, ensuring a clear understanding of end-to-end quality
- Ability to liaise between and lead meetings with business and technical stakeholders at various levels (Developers, Technical QA leads, Business QA leads, Business Requirements Analysts, Business Users, Project, Business Managers and senior leadership)
- Comfort in a matrix structure organization, with accountability to multiple leaders including the Project/Program Delivery Lead, Business Owner and Technology Owner within a program/project;
- Ability to lead and coach teams in testing practices
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, HP ALM
- Experience with project management tools (i.e. MS Project, Clarity etc.)
- Regulatory/IFRS17 experience (an asset) and,
- Insurance experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.